Please note, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites which may be linked from the UK Loggers website. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Use of personal information
In order to provide our viewers and members with an effective service, we, will collect and store personal information. In the course of registering as a member, entering a competition or offering to support the competition, we may collect:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address;
- Information relating to your visits to our website; i.e. the pages that you access, as well as your location, language, browser, and IP address.
The information that we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To keep in touch with you regarding competitions, meetings and other information you may find interesting;
- Analysis of website statistics to improve our performance;
- Registering you for a competition, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your contact details (e.g. change of telephone numbers or address);
In the course of providing our services, we have to share your information in the following ways:
- Providing our couriers, or direct dispatch suppliers, with your contact details so they can deliver your prizes successfully;
In the course of providing our services, we may need to share your information with:
- Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers, and accountants;
- Our suppliers, and business partners;
- The police or any other law enforcement or government agency where the law requires us to do so. (You should be aware that if we are requested by such authorities investigating suspected illegal activities we are entitled to provide your personal information, or any other information we obtain about you, to them);
How long we keep your information
We will retain the personal information you provided on registering as a member until you ask us to delete the information. Upon entering a competition with us, we will also retain certain limited information such as your name, telephone number, email address and postal address, until you ask us to update or delete those details.
Where we store your personal data
All information that we collect, and retain, is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and currently within the United Kingdom. However, information passed to our 3rd party partners (i.e. Google, TrustPilot, PayPal, Amazon Pay etc.) may be held, or processed, outside of the EEA.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
Updating Personal Information
If you wish to correct your personal information, or privacy preferences, please contact us at:
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data if:
- You withdraw your consent, and it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data;
- You object to the use of your personal data, and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it;
- You believe we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can ask us to restrict how we use this personal data while your complaint is being resolved.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights, or wish further information. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk
Website browser cookies